The search for and study of exotic hadrons (tetra, penta, hexaquarks etc) has become a hot topic over recent years as a wealth of new data has arrived from current particle and nuclear physics experiments. Many new states have been observed and their properties measured, with different degrees of precision. Often similar states and search methods are discussed separately in the particle and nuclear physics communities, with little interaction between them. The workshop aims to improve communication between the groups involved in order to facilitate the development of new analysis methods and search strategies as we attempt to understand the spectrum of exotic hadrons.
The workshop will discuss the experimental searches for exotic hadronic resonances; the latest data analysis methods used; the theoretical interpretation of these states and the potential for future searches at current experimental facilities. It is hoped that this workshop will facilitate information exchange between the different communities involved and lead to new search strategies for exotic states to be developed.
After the workshop participants will be invited to contribute to a document that summarises the topics discussed. There is a Google doc with a discussion document (check your email for the URL).
Registration is now closed. If you would like to join then please contact Greig Cowan.
The 2017 workshop is a follow-up to a similar event we organised in 2016.
Names and indicative contribution of invited participants (click "list of
participants" above for a full list of those registered):
- Luciano Maiani (CERN) - Diquark models for exotics
- Marek Karliner (Tel Aviv) - The social life of heavy quarks
- Mike Pennington (Glasgow/JLab) - Outlook
- Nora Brambilla (TUM, theory) - X Y Z with nonrelativistic Effective Field Theories
- Sebastian Neubert (Heidelberg, LHCb) - LHCb exotics overview
- Isaac Vidana Haro (INFN Catania) - links to astrophysics
- Boris Grube (TUM, Compass) - X(3872) in muoproduction
- Dan Watts (Edinburgh) - Strangeness physics at the JLab KL-Facility
- Anton Poluektov (Warwick) - Tensorflow for amplitude analyses
- Mikhail Bashkanov (Edinburgh) - d* photo-induced reactions
- Bryan McKinnon (Glasgow) - J/psi photo-production using CLAS12
- Marco Pappagallo (Edinburgh) - Baryon physics at LHCb
- Gavin Cheung (Cambridge) - Exotics on the lattice
- Timothy Burns (Swansea) - Phenomenological models of exotic hadrons
- Alexey Garmash (Budker) - Belle status and prospects
- Christian Fisher (Giessen) - Baryon spectroscopy and heavy states
- Ciaran Hughes (Fermilab) - 4-beauty-quark exotics on the lattice
- Marc Pelizaeus (Bochum) - Exotics at PANDA
- Vakhtang Kartvelishvili (Lancaster) - X3872 production and future prospects from the ATLAS experiment
If you would like to propose a topic for the meeting then please get in contact with the organisers.
- The meeting will take place in the James Clerk Maxwell Building, Kings Buildings. 15 minutes by bus from city centre.
- Edinburgh is well served by trains and planes.
- Details on getting from the City Centre to JCMB here.
- A map of the Kings Buildings campus here.
- There are several good Bed and Breakfasts near the University (5-10 minutes walk) details. They offer University rates.
- If you prefer a hotel: details.
- Lunch/tea/coffee will be provided. These will be served near the meeting room.
- There will be a workshop dinner organised at Sylvester's restaurant ().
- Google doc listing other good restaurants.
Exotic hadron spectroscopy network
Let us know if you are interested in joining the Exotic Hadron Spectroscopy Network.
We would like to thank the following organisations for their kind sponsorship of the workshop:
- The Higgs Centre for Theoretical Physics
- Institute for Particle Physics Phenomenology (IPPP)
12 Dec 2017 16:30
Exotic hadron spectroscopy 2017
James Clerk Maxwell Building
Peter Guthrie Tait Road
- Mikhail BASHKANOV
- Greig COWAN
- Alexander LENZ
- Matt NEEDHAM
- Daniel WATTS
- Greig COWAN (Edinburgh)
- Maiani, Luciano (CERN)
- Brambilla, Nora (TUM)
- Neubert, Sebastian (Heidelberg)
- Kartvelishvili, Vakhtang (Lancaster)
- Mikhail BASHKANOV
- Vidana Haro, Isaac (INFN, Catania)
- Karliner, Marek (Tel Aviv)
- McKinnon, Bryan (Glasgow)
- Grube, Boris (TUM)
- Pappagallo, Marco (Edinburgh)
- Fisher, Christian (Giessen)
- Burns, Timothy (Swansea)
- Garmash, Alexey (Budker)
- Hughes, Ciaran (Fermilab)
- Cheung, Gavin (Cambridge)
- Pelizaeus, Marc (Bochum)
- Daniel WATTS (Edinburgh)
- Poluektov, Anton (University of Warwick)
- Sasaki, Kenji (YITP, Kyoto University)
- Pennington, Mike (Glasgow, JLab)
- Greig COWAN (Edinburgh)